Iceland is one of the most Instagrammable destinations in the world, thanks to its unique and otherworldly landscapes, from glaciers and ice caps to hot springs and geysers, making it a paradise for photographers and nature enthusiasts.
In addition to its natural beauty, Iceland also offers several activities for tourists to enjoy, from hiking and whale-watching in the winter to fishing and kayaking in the summer; there’s something for everyone in Iceland. Adventure seekers can even go on a guided glacier hike or take a snowmobile tour, while those looking for a more relaxed experience can soak in one of the country’s many geothermal pools.
One of the best ways to make the most of your time in Iceland is by using our Iceland Attractions Map. This map is a valuable resource to help you plan your trip and find your way around the country. It includes information on popular attractions, hidden gems, and practical information such as transportation, parking, and Airbnb options.
Tips for visiting Iceland
- Are you planning a trip to Iceland and want to make the most of your time there? Then be sure to check out our guide about visiting Iceland! Our guide is packed with useful information and tips to help you plan the perfect trip, including more information about the best time to visit Iceland, the local cuisine, and rental cars.
- If you plan to explore Iceland on your own, you might want to rent a car, as the country’s roads are well-maintained and easy to navigate. This allows you to have the flexibility to explore the country at your own pace and to reach remote locations that are not accessible by public transport.
- To avoid getting lost or running into unexpected road closures, make sure to plan your route in advance and familiarize yourself with the Iceland Attractions Map. This will help you avoid unexpected surprises and make the most of your trip.
- Pack warm clothes and be prepared for changing weather: Iceland’s weather can be unpredictable, so it’s important to pack warm clothes and be prepared for changing weather conditions. Layering is key; bring a waterproof jacket and good hiking boots. Even during summer, temperatures can drop significantly, especially at night, so ensure you’ve dressed appropriately.
- Make sure to fill up your gas tank: Gas stations can be few and far between in Iceland, especially in more remote areas. To avoid getting stranded with an empty gas tank, make sure to fill up your gas tank whenever you have the opportunity. It’s also a good idea to carry a spare gas can, just in case you run out of gas in a remote area.
Iceland Attractions Map
Our Iceland Attractions Map is a comprehensive guide to Iceland’s most popular and hidden attractions. It includes detailed information on location, accessibility, and activities offered at each attraction.
The map covers many attractions, from Iceland’s famous natural wonders, such as the Blue Lagoon and the Golden Circle, to lesser-known but equally impressive hidden gems.
Iceland’s unique landscape and attractions
Below, we have highlighted a few iconic landmarks and hidden gems that are part of this Iceland attractions map, both known for their natural beauty and historical and cultural significance.
Each of these places offered us a unique and memorable experience, and we consider them a must-see destination for any visitor to Iceland.
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall: a 60 meters tall waterfall, part of Seljalands River.
- Kerid Crater lake: a lake inside a volcanic crater, surrounded by colorful volcanic rock
- Fjadrargljufur Canyon: a 100 meters deep and 2 kilometers long canyon formed by erosion from the Fjadrárgljúfur River, known for its rock formations and colorful walls.
- Hallgrimskirkja Church: an iconic church in Reykjavik known for its tall spire and beautiful interior. It was completed in 1986 and is open to the public.
- Dyrholaey arch and lighthouse: a picturesque village that houses a prominent rock arch, a historic lighthouse, and glimpses into the area’s Viking history.
Importance of using this Iceland attractions map
Using our Iceland Attractions Map to make a custom route is a great way to make your vacation more unique and tailored to your personal preferences. Because the goal of our map is to help you create a personalized itinerary that is customized to your interests and travel style. This will allows you to make the most of your time in Iceland and experience the country’s unique and diverse landscapes, culture, and history in a more authentic way.
Another benefit of using our Iceland Attractions Map is the fact that it allows you to discover and explore Iceland’s hidden gems, which are not included in traditional guidebooks, giving your trip a more authentic experience, as you will be able to explore and experience Iceland’s diverse landscapes, culture, and history in a unique way.
By creating a custom route, you can also tailor your itinerary to your personal preferences, such as the number of days you are traveling, the desired level of adventure, or the type of accommodation you prefer.
Planning Your Trip
If you’re planning a trip to Iceland and looking for guidance on planning your own itinerary, be sure to check out our “plan a trip” article. This comprehensive guide is designed to help you plan a trip that is tailored to your preferences and interests, taking you through the process of planning your trip step-by-step.
A quick summary of this article would be:
- Figure out what modes of transport you will use.
- Use our Iceland Attractions Map and pick your favorite attractions
- Research areas to stay (we recommend: Reykjavik)
- Plan your trip in more detail (routes, restaurants, day itineraries)