Destin is known for its beautiful white sand beaches and clear emerald-green waters. Still, it’s also a popular vacation destination with a diverse culinary scene that reflects its location and the variety of tourists it attracts. There are an overwhelming amount of great places to eat in Destin, Florida.
Next to its food scene, Destin is also popular with tourists because of its fishing, golfing, shopping, and the number of state parks and nature preserves areas in the surrounding area.
The food scene in Destin
The popular vacation destination on the Gulf Coast has a diverse culinary scene reflecting its location and the variety of tourists it attracts. Especially the seafood in Destin is notable, as the area is known for its abundance of fresh and locally caught fish and shellfish. Many restaurants in the area offer dishes made with local seafood, such as grouper, red snapper, and oysters.
In addition to seafood, the cuisine in Destin also includes a wide range of other options, such as American, Italian, Mexican, and Japanese cuisine. Many restaurants offer a blend of regional and international flavors and farm-to-table and vegetarian options. The area is home to many casual beachfront eateries and more upscale dining establishments.
Destin is also home to a number of food festivals and events throughout the year, which offer visitors the opportunity to try a variety of local and international cuisines.
Food Festivals in Destin
Are you a foodie looking for a fun and unique culinary experience? If so, you’ll definitely want to check out the food festivals, as these are also some tasty places to eat in Destin, Florida. From seafood to wine, there’s something for every taste at these exciting events.
Below are the top food festivals in Destin, highlighting what makes each one unique and worth checking out.
- The Destin Food and Wine Festival: This festival, which is typically held in April, features wine tastings, cooking demonstrations, and a variety of culinary offerings from local and regional chefs.
- The Emerald Coast Crab Festival: This festival, which is typically held in May, celebrates the region’s crab fishing industry and features live music, arts and crafts, and a variety of dishes made with crab.
- The Destin Seafood Festival: This annual event, which is typically held in October, celebrates the local seafood industry and features live music, arts and crafts, and of course, a wide variety of seafood dishes.
- The Destin Harbor Boardwalk Food and Art Festival: This festival, which is typically held in November, features a variety of food and drink vendors, as well as local artists and musicians.
Places to eat in Destin, Florida
It shouldn’t surprise you that Destin is home to many highly rated and award-winning restaurants, as well as other notable dining establishments that are known for their delicious cuisine and should be considered the best places to eat in Destin, Florida.
Awarded restaurants in Destin
The Michelin Guide covers many cities in the United States, but it does not currently cover the Destin area. This means that no restaurants in Destin have received Michelin stars. However, as I mentioned earlier, many highly rated and award-winning restaurants in Destin are known for their excellent cuisine and dining experiences.
There are many highly rated and awarded restaurants in Destin, Florida. Some of the most highly regarded establishments in the area include
- Cuvee Bistro: This upscale restaurant, which is located in the heart of Destin, has received numerous accolades for its French-inspired cuisine and excellent wine list. This makes it one of the best places to eat in Destin, Florida.
- Another Broken Egg Cafe: This popular breakfast and brunch spot has won numerous awards for its creative and delicious dishes and friendly and attentive service.
- Pompano Joe’s Seafood House: This beachfront restaurant is known for its fresh seafood and tropical cocktails and has received numerous accolades for its cuisine and atmosphere.
- Harbor Docks: This longstanding seafood restaurant is renowned for its fresh, locally caught fish and oysters, and it has received numerous awards for its food and service.
- The Crab Trap: This popular seafood spot is known for its fresh, locally caught crab and other seafood dishes, as well as its laid-back atmosphere and beautiful views of the harbor.
Other notable restaurants in Destin
Destin has a wide range of options, from casual beachside eateries to upscale fine-dining restaurants. We’ll take a closer look at some of the most notable restaurants below, highlighting what makes each one unique and worth checking out. Whether you’re looking for fresh seafood, local flavors, or international cuisine, you’ll find plenty of tasty places to eat in Destin, Florida.
- The Jellyfish Bar: Located on the Destin Harbor, this bar and grill has a fun, tropical atmosphere and serves tasty drinks and seafood. This makes it one of the must-visit places to eat in Destin, Florida.
- Dewey Destin’s: A Destin institution, this seafood market and restaurant is a great place to try local favorites like oysters and grouper.
- Louisiana Lagniappe: This Creole-inspired restaurant serves delicious Cajun and Creole dishes, including gumbo and etouffee.
- Café Thirty-A: Located in nearby Seagrove Beach, this upscale restaurant serves up delicious seafood and other gourmet dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere.
- The Boathouse Oyster Bar: Located on the Destin Harbor, this oyster bar has a laid-back, beachy vibe and serves up delicious oysters and other seafood.
- The Fish Out of Water: Located at the WaterColor Resort, this upscale seafood restaurant has a sophisticated atmosphere and serves up delicious dishes.
- The Perfect Pig: Located in nearby Grayton Beach, this gourmet pork-focused restaurant serves up delicious dishes in a chic atmosphere.